Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Jeter Travels To England To Face Eubank, Jr. For Interim WBA Middleweight Title October 24!

Stevensville, MD middleweight Tony "Mo Better" Jeter will have the biggest opportunity of his career when he challenges interim WBA Middleweight champion Chris Eubank, Jr. of Brighton, Sussex, United Kingdom, for his title on Saturday, October 24 at the Sheffield Arena in Sheffield, England.

Jeter (20-4-1, 14 KO's) will travel overseas for the second time in his pro career.  Jeter lost by second-round TKO to Patrick Nielsen in February of 2014 in Albertslund, Denmark. Jeter, who is ranked number 13 by both the WBA and WBC and number 15 by the WBO, has won four straight since the loss to Nielsen, including two bouts for regional titles.

“He hasn’t fought someone like me who will give 100 per cent of themselves against him,” said Jeter in a press release. “I won’t leave anything in the dressing room. My will and determination are my greatest assets and Chris is a quality operator – you don’t get a piece of a World title without being a class act. But that just makes it an even bigger opportunity for me; I’ll have a win against a huge name on my record and I’ll land on the World scene in a big way.”

"I’ve never taken any punishment in fights and I feel fantastic – really fresh," Jeter continued. "When I lost to Patrick Nielsen in Denmark I carried a bad back injury into the fight which was a major factor in the bout. I’m coming a long way for this fight and getting here early – there’s no excuses, I’m traveling too far not to win this.”

Eubank, the son of the former world champion of the same name (19-1, 14 KO's),  won the interim WBA Middleweight title on February 28 with a 12th round TKO victory over Dmitry Chudinov on February 28 in London, England.  Eubank has knocked out 11 of his last 12 opponents.

This bout will be the co-feature to the IBF Welterweight title bout between champion Kell Brook and challenger Diego Chaves.

No comments: