Friday, October 10, 2014

Tracy Thorpe, Long-Time Member of South Atlantic Association of USA Boxing, Passes!

We will have a full obituary on her in the next couple of days but I just wanted to get the word out that one of the true gems of the Beltway amateur scene has passed away.

Tracy Thorpe, a long-time member of the South Atlantic Association of USA Boxing, died Friday evening on what would reportedly have been her 63rd birthday.

As I said, I will have a full obit on Tracy but suffice it to say, she was a wonderful person who was no-nonsense when it came to what went on during an amateur card.  As many of her co-workers have said, she was the glue that kept many cards together.  To say she will be truly missed is an understatement.

I will have more to say in the next few days.  BATB sends its deepest condolences to the family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very surprised to see such warm kind words regarding Tracy.Our relationship as great friends which lasted for years. It was a funny story. We meet in 10th grade, new transplants to Bmore. Her from Germany, me fro NC.I lived in ATL at the time,she is died. Tracy's Bday is 10/10. She named my daughter Brandi born 10/9 and was Godmothe We were silly teenagers together from 1965, married and had our children bout the same time. We talk almost everyday before she grew so weak & couldn't. SHE LOVED BOXING! I'll see U again my friend, Denise Bennett