Thursday, December 01, 2011

City Paper Profiles Kelly Swanson!



(Photo by Darrow Montgomery, Washington City Paper)

There is a nice story in this week's Washington City Paper on one of the most powerful ladies in boxing -- DC's own Kelly Swanson. Her public relations firm -- Swanson Communications has handled press for bouts featuring some of the biggest names in the sport including Riddick Bowe, Bernard Hopkins, Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. And the firm is coordinating the press for the December 10th "Capitol Showdown" card at the Washington Convention Center.

Dave McKenna profiles "The Toughest Woman in Men's Boxing" here:

"http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/41795/kelly-swanson-the-toughest-woman-in-mens-boxing/">

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea I remember seeing this lady at the w hotel for khan vs Peterson conference. She was very very rude. No class at all. I'm not exaggerating. I'm not one of these people on here that talk about everybody who batb profiles. But this lady is a real b****

Anonymous said...

I agree, she got too big for her panties and is a capitol B. Between Jones crying, the race card at every turn and this broad, DC boxing is screwed..

Gary is the only one with class.

Anonymous said...

Kelly is awesome. I was in NJ for a fight and when I couldn't obtain my press credential due to an error, I called Kelly and she got me in and gave me her all access pass off her neck. She got me an exclusive interview with Mike Tyson before the Mcbride fight and has always been a class act.

Anonymous said...

I spoke with some of her close friends and I have heard that from most of them. We should try and remember that it may be a medical problem. Let's not judge her too quickly!