Sunday, December 06, 2009

Thompson Mixes Words with Arreola at AC Post-Fight Press Conference!

Fightnews.com is reporting that Tony "The Tiger" Thompson exchanged some interesting conversation with heavyweight contender Chris Arreola during the post-card press conference in Atlantic City, NJ. Both men won their bouts on the Boardwalk Hall card by TKO.

After Arreola praised the courage of his opponent, Brian Minto (who Arreola stopped in the fourth round), promoter Dan Goossen introduced Thompson who gentlemanly threw a challenge towards Arreola.

“I hope they consider that the first round of the American heavyweight tournament. I hear a lot of talk about the best American heavyweights and I never hear my name. So I hope that’s considered the first round and hopefully I can meet Arreola later on. Arreola is a great competitor, I’m a great competitor and I think it would be a great fight.”


From there, the conversation went like this:

Arreola: “I’m better.”

Thompson: “Hey, that’s your opinion.”

Arreola: “Nope, that’s what I know.”

Thompson: “If Dan and HBO are not afraid to put their baby up, we can prove it once and for all.”

Arreola: “We’ve seen the way you went down against Klitschko. Not me, I didn’t go to sleep.”

Thompson: “A loss is a loss. A lot of people don’t know this, but I was fighting on one leg that night. I had a meniscus tear. I’ll do anything for my family, including fighting on one leg.”

Arreola: “Well, I have a chin. We should make this fight sooner. I ain’t scared, I’m scared of no man.”


The two reportedly patched things up afterwards, but since both men are promoted by Goossen Tutor, this could be a bout that could happen sometime next year.

6 comments:

ACW said...

VERY interesting.

Digital, were you watching the Punisher-Martinez fight? What a fight!
How did you score it (if you scored it)?
A draw makes sense, the 115-113 Wlliams makes sense, but that judge who scored it 119-110 needs a new job.

Gary Digital Williams said...

Unfortunately, I didn't score the bout but I thought williams won a narrow decision.

Anonymous said...

This wasn't a crossroads fight for Thompson,heck he's only lost two fights and this guy has alot of fight left in him.He will kick the shit out of The big mouth mexican.

Anonymous said...

Man, I hope Tony The Tiger gets a shot at Arreola. Arreola cant fight a lick and Thompson will either knock him out or beat him very badly and by such a wide margin that they cant steal the fight from him. HBO is pushing Arreola because the Mexicans are tuning in to watch him fight. He cant fight for shit!

Anonymous said...

Does anybody else have trouble keeping a straight face when saying "Arreola"?

That extra "r" isn't enough.

NOXIOUS said...

I think Thompson will take him based on his recent performance. But they won't fight I'm sure.