Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Corley Scores Seventh-Round TKO in New Jersey!

DC's Demarcus "Chop Chop" Corley scored a seventh-round TKO over Wilson Enrique Galli of Uruguay last night at the Meadowlands Sheraton in East Rutherford, NJ.

The former WBO Junior Welterweight champion faced a lot of forward pressure from Galli during the bout but Corley used his hand and foot speed to avoid any difficulties. In the seventh, Corley landed a huge straight left cross on Galli's chin that sent him sprawling to the floor. Galli bravely rose to his feet but his corner wisely threw in the towel. The time was 1:23.

"I felt my performance was great," said Corley, now 33-10-1, 19 KO's. "On a scale of one to ten, I give myself a nine. I'm not back where I should be but I'm getting there. I'll be back in the gym on Thursday and I'm going to stay busy. Look forward to me continue fighting great fights and becoming world champion again soon." Galli drops to 31-9, 13 KO's.

16 comments:

Charles Badal said...

Congratulations to Demarcus Corely. I'm curious, however, as to what change occured in his camp, or in his own mind, perhaps, that has led to this turn around in his career? He had, not too long ago, been on the verge of retirement.

On a related note, I think too much emphasis is always placed on an unblemished record, over world class experience. Corley demonstrates the latter, and is a throwback to boxing's hayday, a time before cable tv and, certainly, pay-per-view.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chop I knew you could do it u looked real good.

Anonymous said...

Congradtulations Brown Boy!!! You'll already A champion.You'll will that belt soon. Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brown Boy!!! You're already A Champion. You'll get that belt soon. Stay focus and keep up the good work. K.W.A. Peace!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chop/chop God has Blessed u with another Victory & it's Team Punisher Palma's Turn 2 step back n the Ring with Victory!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought palma was retired!

Anonymous said...

Make up your mind Jaime.

Anonymous said...

rThe change for Chop Chop was he stopped wearing women's clothing. That hurt his career for many years.

Anonymous said...

Last 3 posts sounds like came from '09 gene pool of sad sacks of horse shit.

Jaime can fight or not.
His business. Or are your feelings hurt cuz he doesn't 'sociate with you?

Chop Chop look fine whatever he wears or how he swings, but again not really your business hater. He rocks in the ropes. THAT's why he's hot~

Anonymous said...

Last post sounds like you like m you some chop chop. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Yup. Like him out and...Like him in the ring. That's where he should be judged on this blog. I made the last statement.

He's a good guy and will be good to see how he fights with different team.

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

yeah I did lump that comment in. Lot's of boxers retire and unretire. So what.

Anonymous said...

So people ask questions on a blog like this, I guess except for you who always has something smart to say.

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

I apologize I meant to respond to the 2 comments after yours. He was retired, but not now.

Anonymous said...

I have on good authority that Chopster wore the new line at Victoria's Secret in this fight and it allowed the boys to breathe better if you know what I mean. Go Chop and you should model for VS soon!

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Sigh.

Gary can't you filter the cavemen out?