Friday, December 10, 2021

Sooooo....Where Have I been The Past Month?

Hello, again Beltway Boxing Fans!  I am writing this to let you know I am still here.  However, life situations forced me to take a break from the Beltway Boxing scene.  Here is a synopsis of what has been going on:

Right now, the biggest thing in my life is caring for my 89-year-old mother.  She fell ill earlier this year and she stayed for three months in a very bad rehab center.  She is now living with my family and, thankfully, she is doing a lot better.

However, caring for her has not allowed me to cover the local boxing scene in the way I would like to. I want to continue to give you the same type of coverage I have over the past 36+ years but I know I can't. Right now, I can't go to any cards unless it is an actual work situation (i.e. I get compensated for going).

I also have had to deal with my oldest daughter's back surgery as well as trying to find a new job while enjoying the job I have now that -- although I love the job -- doesn't pay me enough money.  I also am trying to iron out legal issues involving my mother's care.

I know I have missed some great moments in local boxing -- Gervonta Davis's recent title defense, the big amateur wins for Jahmal Harvey and Quincey Williams as well as all the cards that have popped up locally.  Trust me, I have been cheering all of you on from the sidelines.

Thank God for my partner, Juan Marshall, who has truly elevated covering the local scene with his great work.  Please continue to go to ProAm Fight Talk for complete coverage of the local scene. but

I hope to be back on here and on my podcast soon but right now, I can't make any promises.  Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes.  Take care!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

We understand.Thank you for all you do.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about what you have been going through. God is in your corner and he will give you the strength and guidance to succeed in all of your battles. Just stay strong, brother.

Tribute Boxing and Fitness said...

Boxing is really a crucial part of our life.Thanks for this blog. But I love Abbotsford Boxing Gym most.