Thursday, December 24, 2020

RIP Tracy Fagan -- 1968-2020!

I purposely waited a while before I posted this.  I wanted to get more information and, hopefully, get an official statement.  I was unsuccessful.  Probably because the recent passing of Tracy Fagan has hit a lot of people very hard.

Tracy Fagan, a lady many called the backbone of the Virginia Department of Licensing and Occupational Regulations, passed away on December 9th at the age of 52.  Yes, David Holland was the Chair but Tracy made sure everything went smoothly.

Tracy was an absolute joy to work with, whether as a reporter or a ring announcer.  You could tell that she loved her job and was very serious about her work. One of my favorite moments with Tracy was a historic one.  In September of 2014 on a card at the ABC Sports Complex in Springfield, VA, Tori Nelson fought Arlene Blencowe for the vacant WIBA Welterweight title.  The two boxers were women.  The referee was a woman.  All three judges were women and Tracy was the event inspector.  The only male in the situation was me as the ring announcer.  There was a lot of pride that night and Tracy was a major reason why.

Tracy was a remarkable woman.  On the job, she was definitely no-nonsense.  Off the job, she was as friendly and caring as anyone could be.  It will be very tough going to a Virginia boxing card and not see her there.  She will definitely be missed and eternally loved.

5 comments:

Don Risher said...

Tracy was an impressive, consummate professional and an enjoyable person to work with. She was the kind of experienced and knowledgeable co-worker you would want on your team. I will miss her. Prayers to her family.

Don Risher

Brian said...

Tracy, made things easy when working on a show in VA, she kept it professional yet relaxed. I respected many a thing about her but will always value how she crossed the T’s and dotted her I’s. Made it easier and much smoother.

here you go said...

Damn, she was a great lady. Always looked out for me and helped with anything I asked. She will be missed.

π–˜π–‘π–”π–™π–’π–†π–ˆπ–π–Žπ–“π–Šπ–˜π–Žπ–™π–Šπ–ˆπ–”π–’ said...

hi

π–˜π–‘π–”π–™π–’π–†π–ˆπ–π–Žπ–“π–Šπ–˜π–Žπ–™π–Šπ–ˆπ–”π–’ said...

Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice at the same
time as you amend your web site, μΉ΄μ§€λ…Έμ‚¬μ΄νŠΈ how can i subscribe for a weblog web site?
The account aided me a applicable deal. I were a
little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided vivid clear concept