Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Maurice "Mighty Moe" Gray, Beltway Boxer, Passes At 52!

Our condolences to former Beltway Boxer, Maurice "Mighty Moe" Gray, who recently passed away at the age of 52.  Reportedly, he had spinal meningitis.

Gray, a heavyweight, fought out of Hillcrest Heights, MD from 1990 to 2000 (5-7, four KO's).  He lost his pro debut against veteran Marion Wilson in September of 1990 in Baltimore, MD.  Gray won his first bout against John Shields in March of 1994 by first-round stoppage in Las Vegas, NV.

Gray's last bout was in June of 2000 when he lost a six-round unanimous decision to Tony Thompson in Glen Burnie, MD.

I had the opportunity to work two of Gray's bouts against Scott Jones at Martin's Crosswinds for my TV series Boxing Spotlight.  He was an exciting boxer.  Very sorry to hear this news.

6 comments:

nicole4u2day said...

Another one of our own gone way too soon. Hope to meet back up with him when the Good Lord calls for me, until then, may he rest in peace.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your wonderful write up for my husband. He was such a great husband, father, friend and boxer!! God has taken him home for now...until we meet again!!

Love you always, your loving wife,

Donita

Unknown said...

Love you Cousin, I'm really going to miss you. I was the only one you let Donita go out with then we messed that up falling asleep at the stop sign & you never let us forget it. I'm holding on to all those funny memories❤️ R.I.P Moe 😢

-Ronda

Gary Digital Williams said...

Mrs. Gray, my deepest condolences to you and your family.

Gary "Digital" Williams

Unknown said...

Hey could you call me 8032578725

Unknown said...

8032578625