Thursday, October 15, 2015

Beltway Boxers Meet Youngsters During Peterson-Diaz Fight Week; Hold Final Press Conference Thursday!


(Photos by Delane Rouse)

As we get closer to the DiBella Entertainment/Headbangers Promotions card Saturday at the George Mason University Eagle Bank Arena in Fairfax, VA, many of the boxers on the card had an opportunity to meet young fans in Alexandria, VA on Wednesday.


The Peterson Brothers, Alantez Fox and Jimmy Lange along with Felix Diaz held a workout at the Charles Houston Recreation Center.  The boxers also signed autographs and met with many of the local youth.


Today, the boxers held their final press conference at the Hamilton Hotel in DC.  Here are some quotes courtesy of my Fightnews.com colleague Julian Burgower:

Lamont Peterson: How’s everybody doing? I would like to thank God for another healthy, productive training camp. I would like to thank my team, Team Headbangers. I’m looking forward to this fight. I’m always looking forward to fighting. I wish I could fight every month, I swear I do, but I understand that it’s a business. I’m happy I’m fighting this weekend. It’s been another tremendous training camp. I’m looking for a tough fight. Felix prepared well and I’m ready. I wish we could fight tonight [laughs]…but I guess I can wait…I guess. I promise to put on a show.

Felix Diaz: I’ve trained hard for this fight like any other fight and I encourage all the people to come out and support this fight. Thank you very much.


Barry Hunter (Peterson’s Trainer): Of course, this is what we do. Fighting has been a part of our lives for I don’t know how many years now. [Diaz] comes from a very good pedigree. I had a chance to hang out with Felix and his trainer a couple of years ago and they treated us with respect and kindness and in return I’m going to give it back the same way. Of course I don’t have to say nothing about my boys. Fighting is what we do, damn near every day, all day. It’s in the bloodline. So, come Saturday look forward to a good fight. I try to make no predictions- it is what it is and I’ll see you all on the next journey.


No comments: