Monday, December 08, 2014

Williams Battles Gbenga December 12 in Chicago!

Fort Washington, MD light heavyweight Thomas "Top Dog" Williams, Jr. returns to action on Friday, December 12 in a scheduled 10-round contest against veteran Michael "The Amazing" Gbenga of Accra, Ghana at the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, IL.

For Williams (17-1, 12 KO's) this will be his first bout since losing his first pro bout -- a fifth-round stoppage against Gabriel Campillo on August 1 in Shelton, WA.  Gbenga (20-17, 20 KO's) has only won once in his last eight bouts.  Gbenga's last outing was a seventh-round stoppage loss to Phil Jackson Benson on October 8 in Biloxi, MS.  Gbenga could not continue after being hit with an accidental low blow.  This will be Gbenga's ninth bout this year.

1 comment:

Juan Marshall said...

I'm really waiting to see Thomas "Top Dog" Williams, Jr bounce back. Every fighter has to say to themselves "WHAT IF". The what if factor is how do I respond if I lose a fight? Will it bring me down or can I learn from it and get back on track? I really think that Thomas will be ok!