Wednesday, April 11, 2012

This Time, It's Done: 'Cujo' Sigmon Battles Kelly Pavlik June 8 in Las Vegas!

Two sources -- one on each side of the contest -- say that both sides have agreed to it.  We have a date, location and a television network.  This looks like it will happen this time.  Bedford, VA supermiddleweight Scott "Cujo" Sigmon will take on former world champion Kelly "The Ghost" Pavlik of Youngstown, OH on Friday, June 8 from the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegas, NV.  The scheduled 10-round bout will be televised by ESPN2.

There was talk that the two men would battle in March.  Sigmon told BATB that Pavlik had agreed to that bout but Pavlik declined.  Sigmon told this blog about the June contest late last week but asked to hold off on an announcement until this time.  Pavlik told Alec Kohut of MaxBoxing.com that he has agreed to this contest.

Sigmon is coming off a 10-round unanimous decision over Carlton Holland on March 30 in Raleigh, NC.  Pavlik (38-2, 33 KO's) won by second-round knockout over Aaron Jaco the next night in San Antonio TX.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope cujo has health insurance. I doubt eh will be able to pay his way thru this one.

Anonymous said...

Didn't Cujo get put to sleep in the movie. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Pavlik is going to destroy this boy's life and his padded record

Anonymous said...

Everybody is going to see how tough Cujo really is. Pavlik has no idea what he's in for. He thinks Cujo is a bum and he'll take him out early but that's wrong! Pavlik will be disheartened when he hits Cujo with his best shots and Cujo keeps coming and throwing hard shots round after round. Cujo by decision in this one.

Anonymous said...

Lol,if Kelly is back on track and training hard then look out cujo! But I know cujo is in crazy condition and has a head like a rock. I have personaly sparred him and saw him fight and spar numerous of times and he is always in shape, but is he ready for someone like Kelly? Time will tell!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Scott

S. Farmer

Anonymous said...

Is Cujo still with Joe?

Anonymous said...

Yes, of course, I still direct Scott. I put this bout together and after we win this one we are going to fight for a world title.

Joe Hensley

Anonymous said...

Wow,like you know,like I meen, like wow,like he really has it like that,you know. I meen like really man you know what I meen dude.Really

Anonymous said...

Who wants some ?
I will bust that ass for you.
I'm feeling like the real stuff tonight so does anybody want any of this.
Come on,I dare you
I'll hit you so hard that your ancestors back in bedford virginia
will feel it Jackson.
Go ahead and call the medic cause your going to need him.
Man I wish someone would take the challenge I really think that I could K.O. somebody on this keyboard tonight.

Signed
The man woh lives under the bridge

Anonymous said...

This has to be the worst poem I ever read...you're like a blind man boxing.

Signed
The man that does not live under a bridge.