Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Corley, Maidana Meet The Press!



(Photo by Ramon Cairo)

Challenger and former WBO Junior Welterweight champion DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley and interim WBA Junior Welterweight champion Marcos Maidana met the press as they made final preparations for their 12-round title bout this Saturday at the Luna Park Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Corley said “I have a game plan to defeat Maidana, but I won’t reveal it. But, trust me, I’m here to win ‘cause I’m smarter.”

“Maidana is among the top five super lightweights, but I’’m there, too. It will be a war because he has something (he pointed out at the WBA belt) that I want,” Corley added.

Apparently, there is a lot riding on the bout for Maidana. There is a possible bout with true WBA titleholder Amir Khan should he win. Maidana, to say the VERY least, is the overwhelming favorite.

Maidana said “I know I can punch, but I’m always prepared for 12 rounds. Corley said it will be a war, so I’m ready for a war."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's go chop, take that chump out

Anonymous said...

Chump? Are you kidding? Chop gets chopped down in three! Any betters here?

Anonymous said...

Is this being televised here?

Anonymous said...

Look at the melon on that guy would you

Anonymous said...

Look at the melon on that guy would you

Anonymous said...

hey gary just curious how much do you think he will get for this kind of fight on short notice and is it being showed on HBO

Anonymous said...

Come on folk's let's give the home-town boy some support, I say chop can beat this boy. Bring back that championship young man, make D.C. proud

Anonymous said...

Chop will win

crusierchamp said...

Chop-Chop better get some respect early.

Anonymous said...

Chop go and show the world what K.W.A. is about Brown Boy!!!

Anonymous said...

Hy Chop the best of luck to you.
Now go get your man.

Scott Farmer