Monday, September 29, 2008

Washington Times Lauds BATB!

Many, many thanks to Washington Times Columnist Thom Loverro, who gives kudos to Boxing Along The Beltway in his latest edition of his "Lovey Land" blog. Here's what Loverro said:

"I received a lot of feedback and reaction to my column last week about Juan Robles, the boxer, who amputated his own right pinky finger. It was a hot topic of conversation in Baltimore on ESPN 1300, as well as on the Internet. I had been hoping to do the Robles column for some time, but wanted to wait until he was in the area.

I found out he was fighting on a show in Milllersville in Anne Arundel County thanks to a great Web site for local boxing, www.boxingalongthebeltway.blogspot.com. It's operated by Gary "Digital" Williams, and is the place to go if you want to know about any upcoming show or results, from amateur to the pros, in Virginia, Maryland and the District. Check it out."


That's quite an honor from such a well-known columnist and I'm humbled by it. I also shared a column with thoughts about the Washington Redskins and Paul Newman (one of my favorite actors as well). That's good company!

10 comments:

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

H E L L O ! ! !

'Bout time!

Congrats Dig!

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Dig...you are in bestest of company with Newman

...but, D A L L A S all the way! :)

Gary Digital Williams said...

Not after yesterday! LOL

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

True that...until next time!

When I will LOL!

Anonymous said...

The Washington Redskins will beat the Cowboys again at Fed-EX.
I am ordering Linda a nice Redskins jacket and matching hat.
Cowboy fans were so quiet monday morning. No flags or jerseys anywhere. LOL

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Thanks, but I wouldn't wear it. I would rather be a losing Cowboy fan than a winning Redskin fan. :)

ACW said...

A losing Cowboys fan than a winning skins fan? Get used to it ;)

Digital, how come the Wash. Post doesn't have a writer like Loverro to cover boxing? I know they have Scheinman (spelling?), but it doesn't seem to get as much coverage.

Anonymous said...

|||That's quite an honor from such a well-known columnist and I'm humbled by it. I also shared a column with thoughts about the Washington Redskins and Paul Newman (one of my favorite actors as well). That's good company!|||

GDW - Where can we find links to those articles as well?

Gary Digital Williams said...

Check out the "Lovey Land" blog on www.washingtontimes.com/sports.

This was all in one blog post.