Friday, June 20, 2008

'The Reason' Grant Weighs 250 For Tonight's TV Bout!

Riverdale, MD heavyweight Horace "The Reason" Grant weighed in at 250 pounds for his nationally televised ESPN2 bout tonight at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, NV. His opponent in the scheduled eight-round contest, Kevin "Big Man" Burnett of Augusta, GA, came in at 261.

Both these guys are similar in record (Grant 12-1, seven KO's; Burnett 12-1-1, eight KO's), similar in height (Grant 6'3", Burnett 6'7") and similar in type of competition. Should be a good one. The card is scheduled to come on ESPN2 at 9 PM ET.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grant - 6'5"? I don't remember that. I know he's a stout fellow but I remember being amazed that he weighed 250lbs. b/c he didn't have much fat on him and he was thick in the upper body but not huge. All of his weight must be in his legs. I think he's between 6' and 6'2" but I could be wrong. Anyway, hope he brings home a W from Vegas on National TV! Good job to Ray and Doug Rogers for getting this bout!

Anonymous said...

This should be interesting. I don't know much about Burnett (6-7...interesting), but having seen Grant live twice (both KOs), he's a powerhouse, pure and simple. This should be a slobberknocker...I look forward to it.

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

O M G ...Grant is The Man!!! Amazing.! WhooooHOOOO! THE REASON. I am proud of ya!