Thursday, July 05, 2007

Pearson Bout NOT Taking Place in Florida!

If you're like me and like to peruse the different fine boxing websites around the internet world, you may have come across an item that says former USBA and NABA Junior Lightweight champ Lamont "Bay" Pearson of Cheltenham, MD, is scheduled to battle for the vacant NABF Junior Welterweight title on July 28 in Palm Beach, FL.

I have talked to Pearson's representatives and they have told me that bout is NOT taking place. No contract has been signed for this contest.

Knowing this is a sport where you can truly never say never, I think this report is valid. I'll let you know if it changes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he even fighting anymore with the bad hands?

Anonymous said...

hasn't trained since the casamayor fight. he is in the gym but just works with kids. story is bogus.

Anonymous said...

i think that is a big rumor
Lamont don't even look like he is really ready to fight

on the other hand gary have u heard anything new about chop chop vs camacho jr.

Gary Digital Williams said...

Hope you all are actually READING the story. I have said that the bout is NOT taking place.

Pearson was under consideration for the bout, but as I said, nothing was signed.

As far as Corley vs. Camacho, I haven't heard anything. Cassandra White seems to have the inside track on that and hopefully that fight can be made.

Anonymous said...

She sure does have the inside track and a great set of pierced nipples to boot. I am going to be talking with her about signing and turning pro soon as well. Go CW!

Anonymous said...

I hope that bum isn't fihting again. He's give's up in big fights