Thursday, April 05, 2007

Update on April 27 DC Armory Show!

Here is some information about the Friday, April 27 ESPN2 show at the DC Armory. In the interest of full disclosure, I did not write this press release. I found it on Fightnews.com. You know as much as I do.

Carlos Llinas’s CLIP Boxing and Ron Remus Productions are kicking off a series of boxing events in Washington DC with a bang. The first show will take place in association with DRL Promotions and be broadcast live on ESPN on April 27, at the DC Armory. The night’s main event will feature California’s Mike "The Powerful" Anchondo (27-1, 19 KOs) vs. New York’s Darling Jimenez (22-2-2, 13 KOs).

The co-main event will showcase 19-year-old super lightweight prospect Vernon "Iceman" Paris (13-0, 9 KOs) in an eight-rounder vs. TBA. Also scheduled to appear that night will be former world middleweight champion William Joppy (37-4-1, 28 KOs) and Philadelphia knockout artist Tyrone "Young Gun" Brunson (15-0, 15 KOs), who will try and continue his consecutive first-round knockout streak. Both will face opponents that are TBA. The second show is scheduled for October 5.

4 comments:

Gary Digital Williams said...

Welcome aboard, Josh! Thanks for checking things out.

I am trying to get more details on the April 27 show. As soon as I know, I will post.

Unknown said...

Happy to be part of it. I know your byline from FightNews...I was trying to find some info on the Golden Gloves stuff (I watched a friend of mine spar Dominic Wade a few weeks ago and immediately became a fan), and I guess Googling his name finally brought me here.

I wasn't a big fan of boxing before I left for college out of state, so I'm looking to get involved as a fan and maybe more if anyone will have me, haha.

Anonymous said...

Josh if you would like to become an amature judge or a ref, give us a call at Old School Boxing 301-868=0070. We are always looking for adults to get more involved in amature boxing.

Gary Digital Williams said...

Here is the ticket price information for the April 27 card:

Ringside: $100

Reserve: $65

General Admission: $35.