Sunday, November 05, 2006

Jarell Jackson Opponent a No-Show in West Virginia!

Interesting story out of Morgantown, West Virginia involving one of our Beltway Boxers. Temple Hills, MD light heavyweight Jarell Mason Jackson was scheduled to participate in a card at the Waterfront Hotel. His opponent, Will Prieto, signed the contract for the card and showed up at the weigh-in the day before.

However, on the night of the show, Prieto refused to fight Jackson. He has been suspended indefinitely by the West Virginia State Athletic Commission.

Jackson has a record of 7-4-1, three KO's and is 4-0-1 in his last five bouts. He last fought in the area on April 21 when he scored a crushing second round TKO over Henry Mayes at the Pikesville Armory.

Prieto wasn't the only one who didn't follow through with his commitment on this night. Travis Fulton was originally scheduled to face former WBA Heavyweight champion Tony Tubbs but he did not show and he has also been indefinitely suspended by the West Virginia Commission.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris stole the opponent of Jackson's like he does so many others. I have his number if you want proof since you always ask!

Gary Digital Williams said...

I'm in touch with the promoter of the West Virginia show. I'll find out from him.

Gary Digital Williams said...

I talked to the promoter of the show in West Virginia. He assured me that Chris had nothing to do with Jackson's opponent not showing up. Apparently, Prieto is dealing with a mental disorder and wasn't in any shape to perform in that bout.

Whatever grudge you seem have against Middendorf, you REALLY need to get your facts in order before you make these claims.

Philly Keith said...

Prieto was really scheduled to fight at Light Heavy? I saw him fight at welter last time he was in Philly, he really must be out of shape both physically and mentally.

He is actually a pretty good boxer minus his embarrasing loss on ESPN a few months back. Good work and keep me posted on this situation!

Anonymous said...

I certainly did not steal Jackson's opponent (I do not even recognize his name). But I was glad that he disappeared, as it allows me to put Jackson on the Ballroom card this Thursday against William Gill (5-10) from New Jersey in a six round light heavyweight bout.
The show this Thursday will be a very exciting and entertaining show as we currently have eight bouts signed and could add another. All the fights are four and six rounders and in addition to Jackson, the other Beltway boxers on the card are Michael Gutrick, Andre Hemphill, Tyrell Samuel, Tim Coleman, Larry Brothers and the pro debut of Dalemalik Robeson -El trained by Lou Butler. Wayne Hampton is also considering fighting on the card and I am still trying to match up Ishmail Arvin. With a lot of shorter fights, it should be a fast paced, fun show. Gary will give you a more in depth story of the show when I give him the rest of the bouts tomorrow.

ps to anonymous- I shot Liberty Valance, I was the man on the grassy knoll, and I know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried; but I have never spoken to Mr. Prieto!

Anonymous said...

Dale Robinson-el is not fighting on the Ballroom card, unless something just changed.

Anonymous said...

(LOL) I like that last bit.

;-)

Anonymous said...

(Last post was in reference to the C.M post)

Peace...

Anonymous said...

Chris you were kidding about all those things you took credit for but had you been around those events, you probably would be to blame. Crook! You owe me 15,000 for three fights and if you did not screw me, you would be honest.