Friday, February 17, 2006

Weights for 'Clash of the Contenders!'

Here are the weights for tomorrow's "Clash of the Contenders" at the George Mason University Patriot Center:

Jimmy Lange 159 vs. Joey Gilbert 159
(NABO middleweight title bout)
Daniel Attah 127 vs. Isidro Granados 127
Jarius Gladney 237 vs. Justin Wrede 227
Jamie Johnson 152 vs. Tanya Gallegos 157
Derek Ennis 154 vs. Roland Cummings 156
Carlos Jones 186.5 vs. Jarrell Jackson 178
Andre Nichols 125 vs. TBA
Orazio Robinson 153 vs. TBA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm psyched about tomorrow night (morning: GMATs; night: this). I'm a GMU student who lives on campus, and for the Ballard/Lange card, it was my first boxing event, but I figured, it was only $20, why not? It was awesome. But anyway, isn't "Money" Mike Sawyer supposed to be fighting tomorrow?

Gary Digital Williams said...

Unfortunately, Mike will not be on the card tomorrow night. I talked to Mike this week and he said he would not be on the show. The promoters probably couldn't find an opponent in time.

This should be a great card! I hope you enjoy yourself.

Anonymous said...

Damn, this is the second time I've gotten screwed out of seeing Mike-I'd figure he'd get a big reception in his alma mater. Oh well, I'm still excited-hopefully Orazio will do better than he did against Orta. And Lange-Gilbert should obviously be good (I hope Lange comes out to Metallica's "Enter Sandman" like he did last time-that was awesome).

Anonymous said...

Oh, and speaking of Orta, how come he got replaced?

Gary Digital Williams said...

To tell you the truth, I don't know why Orta was replaced. This card is being thrown together at the last minute.

That's how boxing goes..a lot of times!