Tuesday, October 18, 2016

'Rock' Simms, Legendary Beltway Trainer Passes!

You may have heard by now that legendary Beltway trainer Marvin "Rock" Simms passed away on October 11th. Simms trained numerous boxers in the area including former world champions William Joppy and Sharmba Mitchell.

The service for Mr. Simms will be held on Tuesday, October 25 2016 at Pope Funeral Home located at 5538 Marlboro Pike in District Heights, MD.

The viewing begins at 10 AM followed by the service at 11 AM.

BATB sends its deepest condolences to the family of this wonderful man.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This man was like a father figure to me. We had some great times together and I had the privilege of having him train me for one amateur fight and many countless hours in the gym. Rock will definitely be missed.

Dante' said...

My grandfather Marvin Simms (ROCK) would always tell me and my little brother eat like a bird look a bird and me being me would tell him eat like a bear look like a bear lol I'm going to really miss him RIP Grandad.

Blogger said...

Are you paying over $5 per pack of cigs? I buy all my cigarettes at Duty Free Depot and this saves me over 50% on cigs.

Unknown said...

Hello, are you still connected to this accout