Monday, February 06, 2012

NPR Chronicles Tyreishia Douglas's Road to the Olympics!

National Public Radio (NPR) has a wonderful, revealing profile of Beltway amateur Tyrieshia Douglas who will be heading to the first-ever Women's Olympic Boxing Trials next week in Spokane, WA.

This was produced for NPR's marquee program, "All Things Considered."

"http://www.npr.org/2012/02/06/146482663/as-olympic-trials-near-womens-boxing-heats-up">

I have to point this quote out: This is how Tyrieshia Douglas feels about boxing:

"Boxing is my mother and my father. Boxing is my brother and my sister," she says. "Boxing make love to me, boxing kiss me. Honestly, boxing is the love of my life."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great promotion for our sport. Tyreishia is a very nice young lady and I enjoy speaking with her whenever I see her at events. I'm glad she is getting some press. She has worked hard.

Anonymous said...

Has no place in the sport