Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Injury Causes Thompson-Chambers Cancellation!

A back injury has forced Eddie Chambers to pull out of his October 28 IBF Heavyweight Elimination bout against DC's Tony "The Tiger" Thompson that was slated for Atlantic City, NJ.

“It is a big disappointment when you have a fight postponed that is going to determine the mandatory challenger to the heavyweight champion of the world,” promoter Dan Goossen told Fightnews.com. “I am disappointed but it is devastating to both Tony Thompson and Eddie Chambers. I just hope that Eddie recovers quickly.”

Goossen stated that the IBF has not determined if they will allow the Thompson vs. Chambers eliminator to be postponed or if the organization will have Thompson fight the next available contender. Goossen hopes that the IBF will allow Thompson to become the mandatory to Wladimir Klitschko.

1 comment:

Stephen Schaunt said...

This is a disappointing year for Eddie Chambers. I hope his back injury would heal quickly, so I can see him fight again in a title match. I love his brawling style. It's just so exciting! I hope he gets a rematch with Wladimir Klitschko.