Tuesday, August 09, 2011

So Where Have I Been?

Let me apologize for not posting as frequently as normal this past week. It was not my intention. I went on a little vacation, but I did plan to continue posting, especially with a lot taking place this past weekend. However, a virus creeped up on the computer that was available to me and shut me down. Although, I could have done posts with my phone, I just didn't think that was enough.

I do want to discuss a little bit about one of the reasons I was away. Many of you who know me know that I am an old-school pro wrestling fan. I go back to the days of Bruno Sammartino's second WWWF (World Wide Wrestling Federation) title reign, the birth of Hulkamania and the creation of the Four Horsemen. I go back to the days of the territories around the country that created great wrestling for the fans.

I got a chance to relive some of those glory days by attending the 2011 NWA Wrestling Legends Fanfest at the Airport Marriott Hotel in Atlanta, GA. There were about 60 legendary pro wrestlers, many of whom made their name in the southern territories. However, many of them made their way into the WWE.

I've decided to chronicle this event by creating a new blog entitled Digital's Journey Through A Pro Wrestling Legacy. You will see pictures I took at the event and hear some brief audio interviews I conducted with some of the wrestling greats there.

Also, I plan to put some of the footage of these great ones and show why they are truly legends. I won't be updating this blog as frequently as BATB, but it was an event that I will never forget and I just wanted to share. Hopefully in the next two days, I will begin to post on the second blog, but here is the link:

"http://digitalsprowrestlinglegacy.blogspot.com/">"http://digitalsprowrestlinglegacy.blogspot.com/">

We will play catchup here on Wednesday! Lot's of info to get to!! Thanks again!

5 comments:

653724665 said...

Gary, you are one hell of guy. I cannot imagine anyone who doesn't like you. You are honest, sincere, and never once try to hurt anyone. Plus, you know something about everything. I hope we remain friends forever...

Gary Digital Williams said...

Appreciate that! Thanks!!

Chris Middendorf said...

Welcome back! You were missed!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gary. How do I contact you with info to post. Thank You.

Gary Digital Williams said...

email is beltwayboxing@hotmail.com.