Saturday, August 27, 2011

Harrison Off Patriot Center Card; Nelson Possibly On!

BATB has learned that 17-year-old DC welterweight Dusty Harrison is now off the Saturday, September 10 ICE Promotions card at the George Mason University Patriot Center in Fairfax, VA.

Sources tell BATB that the Virginia Department of Licensing and Regulations (the agency that oversees boxing in the state) nixed the bout because the age limit in the Commonwealth is 18. There was talk of an exhibition, but that offer was turned down by the Harrison camp.

Meanwhile, there is a possibility that newly-crowned WBC Female Middleweight champ Tori Nelson of Ashburn, VA may be added to the card. No official word on that nor has there been an opponent mentioned for the contest.

3 comments:

Chevrolet W-Series Turbo said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Anonymous said...

Gary, you are prophetic (or at least have good sources.) Both Dusty's absence and Nelson's participation are now official. According to Jimmy Lange's Facebook page, Nelson will take on former Golden Gloves champion Michelle Garland in a four-round non-title contest.

Gary Digital Williams said...

Thanks for the update on Tori's bout. She left me a message that she would be on the card.