Monday, April 18, 2011

Coleman Rejects Peterson Bout!

Tim Coleman contacted Fightnews.com and said that he has rejected a possible bout with Lamont Peterson. Here are his quotes:

“I’m not going to take a fight of this magnitude on two weeks notice,” said Coleman. “The money isnt great but for the opportunity I was willing to do it with ample time. If Peterson can’t get a replacement to fight him in an eliminator on this kind of notice then I guess what comes around goes around.”

“Then he will get to know how I feel. When I was originally scheduled to fight Cayo, Peterson had two weeks after the announcement to take the fight and chose not to. Then he pulls a BS move on short notice deciding to take the fight. When things like this are done in boxing it really hurts the sport and you’re playing with another fighters’ livelihood. I had put in a lot of hard work and focus to fight Cayo for Peterson to just jump in at the last minute like that and take the fight from me.

“It’s not my fault he turned down a reported $300,000 to fight Amir Khan. I mean who the F**K turns down that kind of money? I dont care what the stipulations were in the rematch clause had Peterson won. When is he going to see that kind of money? I would have fought Khan for sure. Then I heard he said he would retire if he didn’t beat Cayo. What kind of talk is that? Him and his brother are a carbon copy of each other as you’ve seen what has happened to them both when they have faced real competition.

“I’m still scheduled to fight a tuneup on the undercard of the April 29th show. After that I will go back to business on closing in on a world title fight. Once I’m the mandatory challenger I will get my chance for sure.”

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Nuff said! Go hard Tim! ;°)

Anonymous said...

Get to where they are Tim and you might do the same. If you were already training for a fight, how much notice do you need. First you say it's a high magnitude bout, then you knock the opponent!!! Which one is it. Just don't take the fight. No need to trash the opponent. You need to ask yourself if you'll ever get offered a $300,000 purse. Judging from your fight style, I see why you'd take the fight!!! You need to ask why you only got three comments. Fight Lamont and maybe somebody will actually care when you speak !!

Anonymous said...

there go other dc hater by go on the peterson just don't say nothing all DC people hate on each other we to stop

Anonymous said...

Tim will be a ESPN main event fight or a HBO and Showtime under card because nobody wANT TO SEE HIM SO HE NEED STOP TAlk about petersons or the other beltway fighters he is still from B-More

RichardMcCombs said...

I feel Tim was out of line and should have chosen a better choice of words.I also feel that if they were to fight Lamont would win by decision or late tko.