Saturday, January 08, 2011

Joppy Weighs 174 1/2 for WBA Title Bout!

William Joppy weighed in at 174 1/2 for his WBA Light Heavyweight title bout against Beibut Shumenov later today in Kazakhstan. Joppy said the following about his opportunity:

“I felt welcomed here when I first walked off the plane. We’ve been on a roller-coaster ride with the changing of opponents. Me and Beibut have in common that we both trained for totally different style fighters. Beibut is a great fighter. I’ve watched some of his fights but there’s not something I haven’t seen before. And he’s fought orthodox fighters before. I’m here to give a great, memorable fight like sugar Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns in their first fight. I came here to fight Gayrat Ahmedov and fell into a world title fight. Wow! It’s going to be a barn-burner.”

No comments: