Monday, May 17, 2010

Video From Alexander Johnson Speech to High School Students!

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that undefeated Oxon Hill, MD light heavyweight Alexander "The Great" Johnson spoke at an awards assembly at Booker T. Washington Public Charter School in Northwest DC; a school where I am an english teacher.

I was just hoping to be able to find pictures of the event, but instead, I have video courtesy of Mama Nzinga, the school's videographer. So here is a few moments of Johnson's speech.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Gary, you are a man that wears many hats lol. Did not know you were a teacher too. What subject(s)??

2) Did you by any chance have a hand in arranging this?? lol

3) Alexander did a great job. The kids seemed to enjoy his words of advice. As a student, it was nice to hear him crack jokes along the way. I used to HATE speakers who weren't funny.

Gary Digital Williams said...

I teach 12th grade English and I'm also one of the 12th grade advisors.

Actually, I had very little to do with this. A friend of Alexander's is a co-worker of mine and it actually was her idea to have him speak.

What made the day even more special, was that one of Alexander's cousins is a student of mine and made the honor roll that advisory. Alexander didn't even know she went to the school!

The kids really enjoyed him and so did the administration. I don't think this will be the last time he speaks at my school.

Anonymous said...

good speach, for the kids keep up the good work.COACH KENNY, UPTON BOXING....