Thursday, April 16, 2009

Orji-Boyd Featherweight Tussle Added to April 24 Card in Westminster!

An interesting featherweight matchup has been added to the TNT Promotions card on Friday, April 24 at the Shipley Arena in Westminster, MD.

Laurel, MD's Ikem "The Warrior" Orji will battle DC's Ron "Teflon" Boyd in a six-round contest. Orji (4-1, one KO) will try to bounce back from suffering his first pro loss -- a six-round unanimous decision to undefeated Anthony Flores on February 27 in East Rutherford, NJ. Boyd's last outing saw him break a four-bout losing streak by winning a six-round split decision over Dean White on the last card in Westminster on February 20.

Also slated to appear on the card will be undefeated Westminister-based junior middleweight Jamar Freeman and Newport News, VA middleweight Jeremiah Wiggins (both are 2-0) in separate bouts.

A special guest slated to attend is two-time world champion Paul "The Punisher" Williams, coming off his big win over Winky Wright.

Undefeated Eldersburg, MD light heavyweight Mark "TNT" Tucker, who will be in the eight-round main event against Ross "The Boss" Thompson, will appear on the 98 Rock Morning Show with Mickey, Amelia and Speigel on Monday, April 20.

2 comments:

The Hammer said...

Mark "tnt" is dynamite!

CUJO said...

After defeating Toris Brewer(14-2) of South Carolina I am now turning my attention to the beltway to clean up the scene.When I say I am cleaning up the scene I mean fighting opponents with inflated and protected records who cheat the spectator.This will no longer happen upon my watch!!!The 2 people in the beltway I see as a disease to the sport #1 Tony Jeter he has fought opponents with a combined record of 20-56, disgusting!!!Promotes shows and fights bums then hypes it up like he is a world beater or something.I heard once he went through 8 fighters before the boxing commission would approve one of the opponents he had selected for himself.Who will Tony Jeter fight next my grandmother!!!!Next on the list Jessie Nicklow.He was on the recieving end of a gift when he was actually knocked out by War Time and still given the win.This should not happen in our great sport!He then had the nerve to call out James Kirland, this immedidiately set off an alarm with me.He has fought outside of Maryland once.And got dismantled.No Jessie you can't fight for a world title because I am going to put an end to you.And yes I will move down in weight to keep you from draggng this sport through the mud anymore you piece of overhyped trash.I am sure this message will fall on deaf ears because the 2 "fighters" mentioned above do not follow the warriors code.

I am CUJO and I approve this message