Friday, March 14, 2008

Wilson-Marsh Moves To Richmond This Saturday!

The matchup between Darnell "The Ding-A-Ling Man" Wilson and Robert Marsh of Hickory, NC that was originally slated for last Saturday in Dulles, VA will now take place at Toad's Place in Richmond, VA on Saturday, March 15.

The bout will be part of the boxing portion of the 24th edition of the "Combat Sports Challenge" called "The Proving Ground." This will be a night of pro boxing as well as pro and amateur Mixed Martial Arts.

The other boxing bout of interest to Beltway fans marks the return of DC light heavyweight Richard "The Thin Man" McCombs as he takes on Caroline, VA's Adam "The Real Deal" Seal. McCombs (1-2, one KO), a cousin of former WBC Welterweight champion Maurice Blocker, has not fought since April of 2002 while Seal (2-1, one KO) will be trying to bounce back from a shocking third-round KO loss to William Bailey in February of 2007.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK! RICH TAKE YOUR TIME IN THERE PICK YOUR SHOTS.


BARRY

Anonymous said...

Richy Rich its about time lol... I look forward to seeing you do your thing use the jab slim.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Darnell & Richard knock them out for the home team.

Anonymous said...

Oh spit!!!

McCombs in a fight!!!!

Anonymous said...

Did this take place?

Anonymous said...

Word is McCombs got food poisoning and was throwing up all over the place. I dont know how true that is Gary did you hear anything on that?

Anonymous said...

Don't count Adam Seale out in this fight.

Anonymous said...

It's true I got food poison the day before the fight. I didn't become ill until the morning of the fight it was in my best interest to pull out. But I would like to say that I was there to throw down with Adam Seal,trust and believe I'll be back very soon.

Anonymous said...

food poisoning!!isn't it a professional fighter's job to make sure that as they make weight that they are eating the right thing and then replenishing their bodies with the right things. This "food poisoning" sounds more like a case of the butterflies!

Anonymous said...

Butterflies you wish I trained hard to take care of business. It happened thats done and over I'll be back in the gym next week. for the record its said how we down each other here on the beltway.

Anonymous said...

CHUMP YOU WASN'T SICK YOU WAS SCARED LOL... I DROVE 150 MILES TO SEE YOU FIGHT AND YOU THROWING UP LIKE A LIL GIRL LOL..ALL JOKE ASIDE RICHARD IS GAME AND REALLY WAS SICK AND IF ANYBODY GOT ANYTHING TO SAY GET AT ME....

Gary Digital Williams said...

I can confirm that Richard did have food poisoning issues and was sick after his visit with the doctor. I've talked to two people who were in Richmond for the card.

I can also confirm that your comment towards Chop was uncalled for.

Anonymous said...

and Chops comment about get at him weren't approiate either

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Rich & dont let nothing or anyone stop you this time around. I know how hard you train with the boys at Gleeson gym your welcome back anytime.

Anonymous said...

What's up Gary? Rich get well soon Champ I think it was them body shots that had you going lol..

Anonymous said...

McCombs I apologize everything seem to checkout, Thanks Gary

Anonymous said...

I heard Darnell didn't look that good,And that Corey Sanders worked his opponents corner. How much of that is true Gary?

Anonymous said...

I hear he's up for a world title.