Thursday, March 29, 2007

Update on 'Magnificent May Along The Beltway'!

Now it can be told. Actually, some of you put this together already. I now can tell some of the details of the Friday, May 25 boxing card that will bring an exciting conclusion to the "Magnificent May Along The Beltway."

The card will take place at the DC Armory and will feature heavyweight contender Tony "The Tiger" Thompson and the undefeated Peterson Brothers in ESPN2 televised matches. Undefeated DC lightweight Ty Barnette will also be a part of the card, which is being promoted by the company headed by Nate Peake.

More on that card when information comes in. But now, there is news that there will be yet a FOURTH card in May and it will actually start off the month.

Put Friday, May 4 at Rosecroft Raceway in Fort Washington, MD on your calendar. Keystone Boxing is starting a boxing series at the famed harness racing complex. Scheduled to appear on this card are Tim Coleman, Jason Champion and "Big" Phill Brown.

In the almost 20 years that I have been covering Boxing Along The Beltway, I can't remember this much pro boxing action in so many places in one month's time. When you add the Ballroom Boxing show on April 19 and throw in the Major League Boxing show in Fisherville, VA on April 28, we are talking six shows in five weeks!! This is a remarkable time for us as Beltway Boxing fans and we need to take full advantage of this time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll try to be @ the Armory show. ESPN2! Sweet! A couple of questions:

1: Do you know when tix will go on sale and what the price(s) will be?

2: Will the matches be televised live?

3: I've never been in the Armory (I've been to RFK a few times though, so I know the location); do they allow people to bring bags in (i.e. if I go straight from work can I bring my briefcase?)? And do they have food and water there?

This should be sweet!

Gary Digital Williams said...

ACW!

I haven't heard anything about ticket prices for the May 25 show. I guess we have to wait for the April 27 show to finish first now.

The matches will be live on ESPN2. I wouldn't bring a bag in if I were you. This is a military facility!

Anonymous said...

That's true; I'll just go to my apartment first (or just not bring a bag to work or something). Live! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah: what about food and drinks?

Thanks.

Gary Digital Williams said...

The Armory has a few concession stands!

Anonymous said...

Cool. Thanks.