Monday, February 19, 2007

De La Hoya-Mayweather Press Conference Comes to Union Station!

According to the website for Golden Boy Promotions, we now have a time and location for the DC leg of the Oscar De La Hoya-Floyd Mayweather, Jr. press conference tour.

The tour comes to Union Station (50 Massachusetts Avenue, NE in DC) on Wednesday, February 21 beginning at 2 PM. This event IS open to the public and the organizers are suggesting that you get there early. You CAN also bring your still and/or video camera.

Of course, the bout itself is scheduled for May 5 at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas. If you don't have a ticket, forget about it. It's all sold out. In fact, tickets sold out in three hours.

9 comments:

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Gary...I will definitely be there!!! Anyway anyone can get me close...much appreciated...I emailed Golden Boy Productions for permission to photograph the fight...but alas...they never responded. Maybe I should knock on Pretty Boy's door!

Anonymous said...

Linda, call me if you need tickets. I have 3 left, comp tickets from LV. I cannot help you with recording the fight though.
301-423-5700 Roland

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

I called and left you a message/phone number. That would be so cool. If it's HBO I know a couple of people who might be able to help me out with photographing. THANKS Roland!

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Okay...funny one! I just talked to Mr. Roland. Guess I had that one coming.

Anonymous said...

hey gary williams be advised they added another beltway boxer on the undercard of Darnell Wilsons fight this friday on espn... he is the the heavyweight jonathan felton i heard that from his manager/trainer

Anonymous said...

does anyone else have tickets to the fight??? i tried online and they wer gone. i will be in germany until april and need a ticket when i return. price no object!!!

Anonymous said...

Linda - Oscar never gets back to me either, and we were both born on the same day and same year...

(LOL...Seriously BTW!)

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Thanks for that early morning smile Bizzy! You going to be there?

Anonymous said...

8 am They are putting the stage up!
Linda