Thursday, November 16, 2006

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!! Year-End Awards Coming Soon!

Today, I announce what I hope will be an annual tradition here along the Beltway. Starting Monday, November 20, voting will begin for the 2006 Boxing Along The Beltway Year-End Excellence Awards!

When I did the Urbanflavorz Boxing Report (the original home for Boxing Along the Beltway), I chose these awards myself. This year, I will have my own choices, but the most important choices will be YOURS!!!

On Monday, November 20, I will post a series of categories and some nominees I think deserve consideration in each category. You will have the option to choose ONE of the nominees or put in a write-in candidate. Only one choice per category, please. There will be some categories where you may have to do some research. Feel free to use the archives here to jog your memory.

There will also be an "Unofficial Official" Award where you will name the award and name it's recipient. This award will be an opportunity to be creative, but please don't be hurtful about it. Try to keep these awards as positive as possible.

ONE OTHER NOTE: You will NOT be able to post your votes here on the blog. I have an email address set up especially for this event. I will announce that email address on Monday as well.

So watch this space on Monday, November 20, for the categories and my nominees in the 2006 Boxing Along The Beltway Year-End Excellence Awards!!

A note to anyone who owns a trophy shop: I would love to give the recipients of the awards nice plaques, but I just don't have the funds. If anyone would like to donate about 12 plaques, please contact me. Thank you.