Monday, October 09, 2006

Great Photos From October 7!

If you weren't able to be at the Patriot Center for the October 7 card, let me point you in the direction of some great photos of the show from three Beltway sources.

One of the best boxing photographers in the world is Mike Greenhill. His work has been featured all over the boxing world including Ring Magazine, The Boxing Times and Boxing Digest. Greenhill also took the photos that accompany my story on Fightnews.com. To visit the link and see the photos go here: http://www.ufcfightnews.com/oct7-dc.htm

We also have two women who are rapidly coming into their own as top notch photographers. One is Linda Siadys. She has only been shooting boxing photos for a short time but her work is wonderful.

Siadys's site, (http://lindasiadys.smugmug.com/Sports/228494), not only has photos from the October 7 event but also shots from many of the recent Beltway Boxing events including shows at Michael's Eighth Avenue and the DC Mayor's Cup.

The other lady who is doing a great job is Janet Nash. She has been a fixture at many of the boxing shows in the area as well as many of the gyms taking photos of the boxers around the area. Her work has been seen on Fightnews as well as in the pages of Boxing Digest, where it sometimes accompanies the words written by her husband, Charles. Unfortunately, Nash doesn't have a website at this point, but I just wanted to give her the kudos she deserves.

So if you want to get the flavor of this event, these are the best places I know to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, let me tell you...I can't honestly name one single Boxing Photographer on the planet, aside from Mike Greenhill. I've don't know how many times I've seen his name, and likewise - how many times I've seen his work, and probably not even realized it. If nothing else, through sheer 'top of the mind awareness', his name is the very first I think of in regards to Boxing Photography.

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Mike is really the best photographer in, as well as outside the Beltway. He is the first photographer I met when I covered my first fight and has been at nearly every fight I covered since then. If he wasn't there he was either covering the Boxing Hall of Fame or down in Mexico...or somewhere else getting those fantastic shots. I have much respect and admiration for his skill and gratitude for his support and guidance.