Wednesday, September 20, 2006

NOMIS Boxing Club Hosts Amateur Show Sept. 23!

The busy fall season of Beltway Amateur and Pro Boxing has a new start date. This Saturday, Sept. 23, there will be an amateur boxing card put on by the NOMIS Boxing Gym to support their non-profit NOMIS Youth Network.

This card is the NOMIS Boxing Invitational and it will be held at the Richard Englland Community Center located at 4103 Benning Road in Northeast, DC.

Among the featured boxers slated to participate are Gary A. Russell(known to everyone as Allen), the younger brother of world-ranked amateur bantamweight Gary Russell Jr. and David Grayton IV, who was voted the most outstanding boxer at this year's Mayor's Cup.

Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children. For more information, contact Robert Simon at (202) 543-2207.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simon, I want to see the best amature around here on there. Dominic Wade!!! He has beat Gary Allen Russell twice and I want him fight to again. I hear that no one wants to fight Wade. I wish we could get one of them Philly boys to fight him. They also have good boxers...We are having a show here at Laurel on the 30th. I will be giving out an outstanding boxer award of the year there. Most likely to Wade.

Anonymous said...

Wade and Russell both are weighing 165 but Wade is 14 and Russell will be 17 in October. How they fought before is beyond me. Both are very good boxers...

Anonymous said...

I do know that Wade has won the silver gloves 3 times in a row

Gary Digital Williams said...

Glen,

Send me an email with details on the 30th show in Laurel.

My email address is digital_fightnews@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

...This Wade kid is FOURTEEN???

Whoa...

Anonymous said...

The Wade kid is 17. Where Loyyd gets this jive from-I do not know...

Anonymous said...

10-4. (17 still obviously very young, but when I heard 14...I didn't know whether to get excited or frightened! LOL)

Anonymous said...

Gary let me say this. Simon don't know anthing about boxing. This guy is a pretender. People before you take to kids to these gym's.Plese do some invester gating.this guy is useing these kids for his on benefits. He suppose to have a nonprofit. But he still charges gym dues. Come on people