Sunday, April 02, 2006

Aiken Upsets Austin in Cleveland!

Fightnews.com is reporting that USBA Featherweight champion Eric "Mighty Mouse" Aiken of Forestville, MD (15-4, 12 KOs) has scored the biggest win of his career with an upset sixth round TKO over former IBF bantamweight champion Tim Austin (27-2-1, 24 KOs). Aiken came on strong from the opening bell and had Austin badly hurt in round four. Aiken finished the job in round six when he finally put Austin on the canvas and the bout was stopped. The time was 2:21.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mouse!!!
Just like we said.

Mike Sawyer

skinnyscott said...

This is a VERY big win for Aiken. He is a very hard worker and a deserving, not to mention talented young man. I was surprised to hear about the unfortunate loss before this one but it looks as if justice is served. Congradulations Mouse!!!

skinnyscott said...

Does anyone know at what weight this fight was fought?

Gary Digital Williams said...

According to Boxrec.com, Aiken came in at about 126 while Austin weighed in at 124 1/2.

Anonymous said...

When I read the heading, "Upset" I knew two things, Mouse had won and the reporter was wrong. In my eyes this was not an upset. I know Mouse, and have sparred with Mouse, beleive me this kid hits. Thanks for all your help with me Mouse, and Congradulations on your victory, Bay