Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Let HBO Know You Want Discombobulating Jones!

Let me say that the following is part of a team effort.

One of my newest friends in the boxing business is Joe Hensley. Although we have never met face to face, we have corresponded on numerous occasions and we share a lot of the same views about the sport.

Joe promotes boxing shows in southern Virginia and has a solid website called Major League Boxing.com, which has a link on this site. When Joe promotes shows, he does something that a number of Beltway promoters seem to have a tough time doing; he uses Henry "Discombobulating" Jones as his ring announcer.

Joe confirmed something that I wasn't truthfully aware. "Discombobulating" Jones is one of the finalists for the ring announcer's job on HBO's new version of "Boxing After Dark." Apparently HBO is in the process of revamping the show and Jones is in the running to be a part of the show.

If you remember, Henry was the ring announcer for HBO's KO Nation series a few years ago.

Jones deserves this spot, but he will need our help to get it. You can send an email to the head of HBO Sports Ross Greenburg. Please send a brief email to Ross.Greenburg@hbo.com and write "Hire Discombobulating Jones" in the subject heading. Please cc Henry in your emails. His address is kokid@comcast.net.

I thank you in advance for your efforts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gary will you get me in touch with Henry Jones. I would like him to be the ring announcer at a local amature show that I will be holding on April 8th. 2006. The show will be held at Sugar Ray's Gym in Palmer Park, Maryland.
OLD SCHOOL BOXING
Buddy 202-320-5576

Anonymous said...

Gary,
Jones has paid his dues in community and in the ring. It was him and Panama Mike who got me started back in 1991.
He got my vote and my email.
Rudy Childs

Anonymous said...

I can personally vouche for my friend disco he deserves everything that is coming to. He has paid is dues and is world renouned,so for him not to make alot of noise can only be politacal. I'm at my position of him being NABA featherweight champ only because of him. Through his reputation and Jesus Christ only politicts should keep him out of the lime life, which our prayers will not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Disco


Mighty Mouse