Sunday, September 18, 2005

Complete Battle of Virginia Commentary All This Week!

Let me just say that I will have complete results and commentary on the Battle of Virginia Card all this week. I want to congratulate Lamont Pearson on his USBA title victory and Jimmy Lange on his WBE championship win.

I will give you details and commentary about this card this week, because there is a LOT to talk about for this card, not only in the ring but outside it as well. There were some VERY surprising sightings in the crowd and some info about a boxer that I can ONLY share here.

I also had an interesting conversation with Darnell "The Ding-A-Ling Man" Wilson that I will share here and on Fightnews.com

Let me say off the bat, though, that Thom Loverro of the Washington Times was wrong!! Keystone Boxing, led by Gene Molovinsky, did an OUTSTANDING job in promoting this card. An estimated 5,100 were at the George Mason University Patriot Center for this card. That's a great total. Based on that, it looks like Virginia may indeed have a promising boxing future.

I also want to send my best wishes to "Money" Mike Sawyer. Sawyer was supposed to make his pro debut last night, but he collapsed 90 minutes before showtime. He was taken to a local hospital where doctors said he was suffering from dehydration.

The word is that he is doing fine and did want to box, but doctors and officials wisely ruled against that.

More to come on this card and the people involved, coming soon, because I have a lot to say about this show.

No comments: